After 51 days of typing, Cantonese-English Stardict project finally completed! Finally, there is an offline electronic Cantonese dictionary!!!
Download link for Cantonese-English Stardict file (Updated on March 20, 2011):https://writecantonese8.wordpress.com/2011/03/19/cantonese-stardict-file-fixed/
How to Use Cantonese-English Stardict File:
- Download and Install Stardict
- Download my stardict file and unzip to Stardict/dic in program files (using winrar).
- You can either look up words in Stardict or
- Highlight the word and right click. Choose “copy” to prompt the dictionary popup. (Make sure that you have “scan clipboard” checked.)
- Download and install Stardict from Ubuntu Software Center
- Download and move the dictionary file to /usr/share/stardict/dic. (sudo mv dictionary folder /usr/share/stardict/dic)
- Download and install DictUnifier
- Download the dictionary file
- Open DictUnifier and browse for the dictionary file. Click “convert”. (Here’s a step-by-step guide if you don’t get what I mean)
I also converted Firefox’s Cantofish (not my work) into Stardict format so that both Cantofish and this dictionary can appear together in a pop up .
Download link for Cantofish Stardict version:http://www.mediafire.com/?2b0g44p4tckvk05
Restart Stardict if you don’t see any popups at all.
Finally, thanks Eldon and Narrie for helping!